Thursday, May 21, 2015

Celebration

A few days ago I had an image in my mind of God celebrating along with all the people in heaven.  I could picture angels dancing around, singing, and worshiping. It was this beautiful image of a heavenly party.  They were celebrating because Brent and I resigned from our jobs. Maybe it was my own made-up party in my head for not having to go to work anymore, but it got me thinking.  God delights when we have faith and follow Him. God delights when we trust Him with all of our heart, and are obedient to His will.  And, I believe this little act of resigning from work, quitting our jobs, and giving up all of our own securities, gives God great delight.  Great joy floods my heart. Indescribable, overwhelming, steadfast joy. Many would think the appropriate response would be anxiousness, fear, or doubt.  But in the trusting and in the obedience, God is here, and I know He is in control. There is a beautiful aroma that fills my heart, a great joy in Christ, my Savior. A dearly loved daughter of the King, even in all my brokenness and sin. He loves me. He delights in me. (Zeph. 3:17)

1 comment:

  1. Amen! God is so good! God loves when we just fully trust! So happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete